Southern Vermont Audiology specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss and treats people of all ages—from children as young as 6 months, all the way up to our exceptional centenarians!
- Evaluation of an individual’s symptoms, concerns, lifestyle, and listening needs
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
- Air and bone conduction, speech discrimination, effects of background noise, tympanometry, and otoacoustic emissions.
Proper Referrals to other Health Professionals
Hearing Aid Evaluations and Fitting
- High quality hearing aid technology from multiple manufacturers, recommendations based on an individual’s hearing loss and listening needs, thorough counseling, 45-day trial period, free service visits for the life of a hearing aid warranty (1- to 3-years)
Hearing Aid Repair and Reprogramming
- Even if you bought a product elsewhere (with the exception of “locked” devices)
Custom Hearing Protection
- Since there is no cure for noise-induced hearing loss, prevention is the sensible alternative. We offer custom hearing protection for musicians, operators of heavy equipment or power tools, gun/shooting enthusiasts, and participants in motor sports.
Meet Dr. Lowkes
While taking an ‘Anatomy’ class, I became fascinated by the complexities of the human ear and decided to become an Audiologist.
I received my Masters Degree in Audiology from the University of Connecticut and my Doctorate in Audiology from the Arizona School of Health Sciences.
Having fallen in love with Vermont while attending UVM, I returned in 2001 and have practiced audiology in the Manchester area ever since.